What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Nauvoo Take 2

My parents work in the Nauvoo Temple of Tuesday afternoons so they were gone... We decided to go back to Nauvoo and see a few more places - this time we would really see things we haven't seen before. We started with the Trail of Hope. You walk down Parley Street and read quotes from the pioneers who made the trip so many years ago, as they were being forced from their homes, their city, and their temple. They had such faith and strength to go into the unknown in search for peace and following the prophet of God.







Then we made our way back to the car... what a trek.
Because my camera was still not working correctly I didn't get very many pictures, but here are some that I thought turned out nicely.



We went to the Living Center - which is a place we have been before but we all wanted to go again - to see how to make rope, candles, bread, rugs, barrels and yarn. It was really fun. We also stopped by the cultural hall and saw lots of quilts and enjoyed dancing on the original dance floor on the third floor of the building. We stopped by the bakery as well - for a cookie. I think we stopped by one or two other places but now I can't remember. What a fun time to be with my kids.

No comments: