What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Anxiety

I woke up this morning to the sounds of my children - same as every morning really. I got the baby up and started my day. I really just did the normal stuff: diapers, bottle, family prayer and scripture reading, breakfast, sorted laundry, and so forth. It was a moment I won't soon forget, when I walked over to help Kemiah with a worksheet and put my hands together - I realized I didn't have my wedding ring on! Wow! I didn't remember ever taking it off. It was as if it just disappeared. I couldn't think of the last time I had it because I couldn't think of a time when I didn't, but it obviously wasn't there now! The kids quickly chimed in with, "where do you last remember having it?" and "did you put lotion on this morning?" I honestly couldn't think of where to look because where would it have gone? I checked the bathroom, the laundry, and the trash can just in case. Nothing. Where do you start looking for something when you have no idea where you lost it? The inspiration came to me to go back to bed. I turned on the light to my room and walked to the bed. There it was, just laying on the bed as if it was waiting for me. I have no idea why it would have come off in bed because I have to tug a bit to get it off. I have no clue but I do know that Heavenly Father was aware and answered our prayers in helping me to look where I needed to look to find my ring.

No comments: