What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

District Pinewood Derby

I wasn't going to go but figured it was Ben's last time to see one so I signed him up. He was a little upset when I told him he couldn't make a new car but he got over it. We went as a family - Kevin had the day off - and I think it was worth it. Some of the cars looked so different - skinny sticks of wood with wheels - and some were chunkier. I think our big mistake was that we didn't put any graphite on the axles when we turned it in so his car didn't race very well. Anyway, it was interesting to see.

Here are all the Webelo's cars.

Some of us sat on one side of the track.


A couple sat on the other side.


Ben's car is the second from the right.


Nearing the finished line in 4th place.


It was held at a mall in Midland (45 minutes away) so we enjoyed lunch in the food court after the racing. I think we all enjoyed that as well! On the way home we stopped by the Scout Shop and picked up all the stuff he'll need for moving up to Boy Scouts. I think he's excited. We also picked up a movie on the way home so we enjoyed watching that after dinner. What a fun fill family day!

No comments: