What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A bit more snow!

We finally got a goodly amount of snow to fall all at one time, so the kids were very excited to go out and play in it after school yesterday. I went out to shovel a few deep drifts in the driveway, and I had some helpers. We put the snow into piles which turned out to start the fort building. It was so fun to watch them but I had to run in and grab the camera before I had to call them in for dinner.

Here's Emily working on her fort, which ended up having a wall almost all the way around it.



Here's Kemiah working on hers - smaller but with a complete wall as well.



Marissa with walls on two sides for the most protection. You can see the sun is getting low so dinner was certainly late.



Marissa in her fort, well protected.



She even dug out some of the snow from the wall.



Here's Ben working on his second fort. The first one was in a neighbor's yard on the pond the kids like to slide on.



Trying to protect himself on two sides. Unfortunately, we didn't build it far enough over so some of it got run over when Dad came home.





Where did Xiomara go?



Oh, there she is! This was the only other place left with any amount of snow so she built a shelter for herself.



 Two on the right side of the driveway, and two on the left side. The neighbor kids came over and had some fun, too.


She wanted me to take a picture of her tossing up snow.


Domonique was out having a good time but she was tired, hungry, and starting to get cold. I took this picture even though she was crying and saying, "Don't take my picture."



Just thought I'd share our fun times - it's the best way to remember them! I'm so glad this wasn't the blizzard everyone said it was going to be - 18 inches or more is what they were predicting. It was just enough to be fun and that's what we had!

No comments: