What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Art Project - Luminaries


We did an art project IN school! I had read a bit of the lesson and knew it was coming and knew exactly what I would do, but didn't get any of the stuff ready so it was still kind of crazy. The kids were so excited to do a project and had a lot of fun with it. We used baby food jars, tissue paper and watered down glue. They even wanted to put their pictures on them, so I quickly took a picture of each child, printed it out and they cut them out and there you have it! We even let Domonique join us and she did great - "I do it by myself!" I have to mention that the lesson said you could use them for place markers for your Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, that's how far behind we are! Oh well. We even let the kids light them during dinner and they thought that was just great! It was a fun craft... Now I just have to figure out what to do with them.

No comments: