What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A little odd

Xiomara and Kemiah are pretending to baptize each other. I told them I wasn't sure they should do that because they don't have the authority. Their response was, "We're just pretending." It is just a little strange to hear my 7 year old quote the baptismal prayer by heart as they pretend. They are going through it all, pretending to get into white clothes, pretending to change when they are done, and so forth. They have even let Domonique join in, and I'm sure they have baptized Domonique a couple times. Fortunately, they are good enough at pretending that they haven't asked me to fill the tub with water.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

my boys baptize each other every night in their baths... we had the same conversation, but i thought it was pretty harmless since they are just pretending. :)

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

On the flip side, how many 7 year olds know the baptismal prayer by heart? I bet not many! The fact that your kids do is actually pretty cool and something to be proud of, in my humble opinion! :)