What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Not quite a month ago...

Kevin had a birthday and we did celebrate! So I thought I would go ahead and share some pictures so that everyone else knows he turned one year older! For breakfast, the kids and I had ice cream on our pancakes in honor of him, but he was already gone to work. For dinner we had yummy Cafe Rio Pork with rice and the delicious green sauce. Believe it or not everyone likes that meal! After dinner I think we read some in The Work and the Glory, volume 2, that we read together as a family so that was fun. Then it was time for presents and cake. He asked for socks and a new white dress shirt, so we got him those. Marissa thought about licorice so we got him Good and Plenty. I saw Whoppers which are one of his favorites so we got a small box of those. Then Ben thought of Fiber One bars because we all know he LOVES fiber. (Did I ever tell you that story?) I also found a couple small additions to the game Settlers of Catan that we all enjoy playing so I got those as well. I would say he made out big time! The cake was an ice cream cake from the grocery store and it was pretty good - but I didn't get any pictures of that or of him blowing out the candles. Weird. So here's a very late happy birthday post for my sweet honey!








3 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

I don't think I've heard the fiber story but I think I need to! Happy late birthday Kevin!

Josh said...

Sounds like a fun birthday (except his having to be at work!) :)

The Fredericks said...

yay! happy birthday!