What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, August 12, 2011

May have messed up...

and I feel really bad about it. It all started yesterday. I had 5 dozen eggs that I needed to get rid of. I called the number some one gave me and told the lady there about the eggs. She said they wanted them and that her husband would come by the next day (today) to pick the up. Great. A little while later, the lady I call the drive-by lady stopped by for eggs. I knew she got them for her grandson and so I figured he had called her and she was here to get the eggs. What were the chances that they weren't related and that communication hadn't occurred? She paid for the 5 dozen and took them away, stating that 3 doz were for her grandson. So, imagine my surprise when the doorbell rang during lunch today and who should be at my door but the husband of the lady I talked to on the phone. I felt terrible because I truly thought they were related and that it had all been worked out but I didn't verify when the lady did pick them up. I spent a few minutes explaining it to him and eventually he said, "Yes, that was probably my grandma." Oh good. She has the eggs and just didn't tell him that she picked them up. I felt better, until his wife called and said, "I know you sold the eggs to someone else but I just wanted to know if you wanted the cartons back?" Yes, thank you. I then felt bad again because maybe her husband was trying to make me feel better by saying it was his grandma. I don't really know now what to think but I do feel bad that I didn't at least ask the lady I gave the eggs to about the people I had already talked to on the phone. I'm not a very good business person but will be better next time. I sure hope it all worked out.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Seems like an honest mistake. Sorry it was so complicated but at least you got a blog topic out of it! :)