What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all yours!

We had a wonderful day!
Reading..

playing games...

playing with Legos...

eating...

holding the baby...
(we thought it was so strange that 
she would sleep in such a strange position)

precious time with Gaffa...


and eating some more!
Rolls, ham, cornish hens...

stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, fruit/marshmallow salad

with pumpkin (from frozen pumpkin from Ben's garden), 
cherry (from a can) and apple (from fresh apples) pies for dessert!

Thanks to the help of my mother, all the food came out perfectly and the timing was spot on! We made the pies first to get them out of the way and allow them to cool before eating. My dad made the sweet potatoes the day before, and my mom and Xiomara made the salad the day before so those were taken care of! The rest just went together and everything turned out great!

I am sad that I didn't take a group picture, or at least get a picture of the baby for her first Thanksgiving - and her 3 week birthday! Bummer! But we were all there and we all ate as much as we wanted because there was plenty - I love these leftovers!

No comments: