What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Gotta' get rid of the roosters

Back on the 13th of July, two men from the township stopped by the house and asked if I had animals. I admitted that we keep chickens and pigs. They told me there had been complaints and they asked how much land I have. I told them I have half an acre. They told me that to have chickens I need to have 1 acre and for pigs I need 5 acres. I didn't know that. They gave me a verbal warning and 30 days to get rid of the animals. Oh boy. How am I going to get rid of a bunch of roosters and chickens? The pigs won't be ready for slaughter until the end of Sept or beginning of Oct. What will I do with them?  So I figured I should take a couple pictures of our pretty cross-breed roosters just to remember them. They sure are pretty. Maybe I should watch a youtube video about getting rid of their crow.... nope, I couldn't do it. We shall see...

These are pigs, not roosters.
Just showing how big they have gotten.
And they really like their mud pit.





So many colors on this rooster!
One of a kind handsome bird.

Can you see the green in his tail?
He is so handsome.

No comments: