What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

We picked blueberries!

Our friends invited us to go blueberry picking with them. I decided we just had to so the kids could cross that off their bucket lists. Okay, I don't know if it is even on their bucket lists, but at least now it doesn't have to be. Having never been, I wasn't really aware of what we should or shouldn't do. The kids all got pails and we went out with our friends. Innocent enough, right? Well, I picked with Naomi and Camdilyn and the other kids picked with their friends. I really didn't think they would pick many - just have fun with friends. And it was fun and we did enjoy ourselves.














At weighing time I realized my kids actually picked berries! Here is the rundown of who picked how many pounds:
B- 3 3/4
M- 5
E- 3 1/2
X- 2 3/4
K- 2
D- 3/14
H- 1
Mom- 5 1/4

Needless to say, we came home with a lot of blueberries. Fortunately, they are yummy! I put some in the freezer in 2 pound baggies so that I can take them out when I want to make pancakes, muffins, or pies. We shall see! For now, we will enjoy lots of fresh blueberries!

No comments: