What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, July 25, 2016

40th birthday for my Honey!

We started his day out right - we had pancakes and ice cream but he wasn't here. Any excuse to have ice cream on our pancakes and his birthday is certainly worthy of such a treat!

For dinner he wanted Thai, so I looked up new recipes - one hot and one not so hot - and got everything I needed. It was fun to make new stuff but I got a little confused and tossed cut up carrots into the wrong pot. Fortunately, Emily was there and said, "They both have carrots in them?" Which made me think about what I was doing. I had to pick out all the carrots and put them in the right pot. Then we pressed forward and made yummy dishes for dinner. The hot turned out not as hot so we enjoyed both of them!
Red Curry

Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken


Sweet baby Naomi

I lit candles on the ice cream bucket...
he blew them out so quickly I didn't get a picture of them lit.
Silly Honey.

He had 9 presents so each of the kids took turns to bring him a present. That was fun and different.








Domonique bought him some candy with her own money.





The kids made lots of cards for him.
We put them all in a box. He sat and read them all.
Not sure what's up with all the goofy faces.


New hiking boots,
which he actually used already.
(For the trip to Porcupine Mountains with the scouts.)



Shin guards for playing soccer.
I need to get him soccer socks.
But they aren't playing in the mornings anymore.

Flare for the dramatic.

Ben gave him a set mouse trap.
(A joke from the scout trip.)





Camel pack that he also used for the scout trip.

Needed for when they go back to playing soccer in the mornings.

We always know when Marissa does the dishes.

Ice cream sundaes for dessert!
Vanilla ice cream with lots of toppings.




And then he got crazy with the can of whipped cream!

And the kids loved it!


Xiomara - I think you have a little something on your nose.




My finished sundae! Yum!

Happy birthday to my favorite husband and my wonderful honey!

Just in case you were wondering, we celebrated a day early! I signed the 5 middle girls up for a free soccer camp and it is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I made the connection a little late but figured we would all survive if we celebrated the day before. Sacrifices must be made and this wasn't really a big deal. Just thought I would explain.

No comments: