What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Picnic with our extended family.

This morning, I was able to attend the baptism of my youngest cousin's oldest daughter. I went with my sister, her husband, and my father (the great-uncle). We were a bit late but made it in time for most of the program. They start off as a big group of all the kids in the stake that are getting baptized - there were 5. After the talks and musical numbers, they break off into groups. Those who were there to witness my cousin's went first. He performed the baptism and was also the bishop of their ward (newly called). Then we went to another room to wait for them, had a testimony meeting after the confirmation and then closed with a prayer. It was a wonderful event and I was so glad that I decided to attend and show our families support. 

We then went to a park nearby and joined the others who were waiting for us. We noticed some of our group were up on the hill nearby climbing all the way to the top.


Can you see the three people: Kevin, Ben, and Marissa.

My father started spitballs.

My brother got hit and shot back with ice balls.

Lovely playground to play Groundies - a form of tag.

View of the Salt Lake Valley.

Lovely pavilion for lunch.

My dad and my aunt!

I just missed a picture of my aunt climbing the wires!
She is awesome and so fun!

More wonderful extended family!


Burke and his littlest.

Sugar cookie time!
Yum!




David with Liisa


The race is on!
They had a couple of these.
Kevin joined this one.



David talking to Nicole.

Nicole attended through technology!
Good job to Alise for thinking of including her!

Loving the water holes!




Burke's family.

Since we were so close to the Bountiful Temple, our van decided to stop by. It was a quick stop, but we took time to walk all the way around and take some pictures. Temple are so beautiful, outside and inside. What great blessings they are to us.




Our little crew - with an extra cousin.

It was a lovely day. We were missing Uncle Bruce, who had to go to the hospital. We were also missing two of my cousins and their families - they don't live in Utah. It was still so wonderful to get together and visit and see our kids connect.

No comments: