What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

On to Utah with a surprise.

The original plan was to go from South Dakota to Yellowstone National Park. We were excited to see all that we could. Then we would drive down Idaho with a few stops at BYU-Idaho, Idaho Falls Temple, and Boise to see some of my mother's family. Unfortunately, with all the wet gear and the colder temperatures forecast for Yellowstone, we felt we could not do it. We decided to press on to Utah. We would then arrive one day earlier than planned.

We set off after visiting Crazy Horse Monument (mentioned in the previous post) and enjoyed the amazing scenery. All I could think about was, "I bet I could paint those clouds. I bet I could paint that landscape. I wonder if I could?" I took some pictures just so I could have something to copy once I got home.




Then we saw a sign for Devil's Gate. Kevin pulled over so I could get a better picture of it.


Then we both looked ahead and saw this...

No way! We totally didn't know about this and it's free so we pulled in for a quick visit. It was really neat and totally followed all the rest of the Church sites we had visited so far - talking about the trek west. What a gem.





The bathhouse...


The Bunk house...


The Bunk house and Bath house...

Inside the visitor center...


Looking at the gap where the pioneers came through...

It was a nice stop and we enjoyed adding to our history and making it come to life.

No comments: