What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Did it Myself

I decided to make a counter for a corner in my kitchen which needed some help. I am a piler and can't seem to find a good place for some things so they just start to collect. That's what was going on in this corner of my kitchen. I saw a post on facebook about making things from pallets and got the idea to use the pallets I already had! We used them for holding all our wood but I figured I could try it out and if I wanted newer pallets, I could do it again with newer pallets. So these are aged, and were a bit dirty but I cleaned them up and sanded them down and put them together with a little bit of sawing and nailing. It fit perfectly (I hadn't bothered to measure it so I was certainly pleased when it fit just right in the spot.) I tucked my piles under and on top and now I feel so much better. It's not much to look at but it does that job! And I only got two splinters in my fingers!




No comments: