What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy Fake, Almost, and Real Birthday to me.

I didn't do much this year, except feed us a bunch of desserts for several nights in a row. Truly, we ate desserts for almost an entire week, which is something we don't normally do, so it's a good thing I'm still nursing the baby.
For my Fake birthday dessert I made Tres Leche Cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! Delicious!
For my Almost birthday dessert I made Chocolate Lava Cupcakes, served with vanilla ice cream. Made a note to bake them on a lower heat because they were too done. Oh well.

For my Real birthday dessert I made a fantastic chocolate cake that Kevin brought home the week before. I made chocolate cream cheese frosting and served it with vanilla ice cream (as you can plainly see). It was so yummy!
A couple weeks before my birthday, Kevin decided it was time to look for a new dining room table. Two of our kids couldn't sit "at" the table for meals so we did need a bigger one. We went without the kids during the day, before Kevin had to go in for work. We found one really solid table that would extend out to what we need right now, but we still wouldn't have room for guests. Not like we entertain all that much but you never know. So we found a little bit smaller (cheaper) table and bought two of them. Happy Early Birthday to me! Kevin picked the tables up on the 24th and we set them up right away (with a pause so we could eat dinner). They are very nice. Our house smells like the varnish, and they wobble a bit on the uneven floor, but it is nice to have us all able to sit together.
On my real birthday, we had ice cream and pancakes for breakfast - even though we ate sort of late because we slept in a bit. We skipped lunch and went to an earlier dinner at Outback Steakhouse. (Our neighbor gave us a gift card for snow blowing her driveway.) The food Kevin and I got was really salty. It was nice to eat out and not have to make my own dinner. We went shopping for some things on my wish list but ended up not getting anything, which is fine because I figure the tables will be enough. After cake at home, I took my three oldest girls, and the baby, to the Relief Society Broadcast at the Church. They were having a dessert social (tea party theme) before so we socialized a bit. I wasn't offended when all three of the older girls sat with someone else. It was a nice day, all day long!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

happy birthday! :) love the tea party hats. i looked ahead at the pictures before reading, and was a little confused at first. i can't believe how big your girls are now!

The Fredericks said...

happy birthday! what a fun and yummy time you've been having!