What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Xiomara's baptism

I decided she needed her own post for this special event. She helped plan the program and it turned out perfectly. When I asked her about the talks, she chose a young man and a young woman, both of whom she is very fond of. I had her call them both, and they agreed to participate. There were a couple other things going on right after Church so we had a smallish group in the Relief Society room. For the opening song, she chose A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, verses 1-3 and 7. I couldn't finish singing the last verse, so it was a good thing I wasn't saying the opening prayer. The talks were perfect, to the point, and focused. It was awesome to watch the baptism, and to see her walk out of the water. Gaffa performed the baptism, and her Dad confirmed her and gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was very nice.


No comments: