What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Xiomara turned 8!


We actually had her party last night, because Kevin got home later tonight. She was very excited. Grandma and Grandpa Nichols brought an ice cream cake that was supposed to look like a baptismal font. (She asked for a surprise cake.)
 

 

Kemiah made her lots of presents. I thought it was so sweet.









Harmonie kept pointing to the presents and saying, "mine!" (until I pointed the camera at her)







She received four books (A to Z Mysteries and Magic Tree House), 2 movies (Open Season 1 and 2), two games (Electronic Chess and Merchants of Europe), a cross stitch project, clay tools, headbands, and a huge art set from Grandpa and Grandma Nichols. I think she enjoyed the party.

For her birthday day, we had ice cream and pancakes for breakfast. Because we slept in, we were really late so we just swirled some colors rather than our creative designs. We hauled two loads of wood on the trailer into the basement. She helped me make crepes and the lemon-lime sauce. We had showers and did the nightly routine early so that when Dad got home, we could watch one of her movies. No, I did not take any pictures. Strange, right? Oh well. We sure do love our Xiomara!

No comments: