What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Didn't quite work.

Art class strikes again. This time Kemiah was supposed to melt crayons to make "new" crayons. I wasn't sure I wanted to use a muffin pan (although I should have), so we used metal cookie cutter shapes that I use for crafting. The little girls filled them with crayons of all different colors and then we put them in the oven. Unfortunately, the melted crayons just oozed under the metal shapes and made a mess on the foil. I was able to pour the liquid wax into a popsicle mold to make one ugly crayon. The rest I left on the foil and it dried. I could really make some money selling this new form of art on eBay! Would you buy it?
 

We might try it again and use the bad muffin pan I have (it burns everything I try to cook in it) and see if we can make some pretty colors. Then again, maybe I could just melt them in the microwave in the plastic popsicle molds that I have. Then again, maybe we can call it good.

No comments: