What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Totally beside myself

The first of our kids' birthday has come and gone. Only 7 more to go. I'm not sure I thought about this when we kept having kids, because it's not really a big deal. I am really out of ideas for presents. The next birthday is in a couple weeks and I don't know what to get a two year old... that we don't already have. Even if we don't have the exact item, we probably have one like it. Musical dog and piggy bank, doll house, alphabet things can't even be numbered, baby dolls, stuffed animals, Legos, tinker toys, music making pianos, marble track, play kitchen and food, and the list could go on for quite some time. You tend to accumulate toys when you have so many kids. I love having the kids but birthdays sure are getting harder. Any ideas?

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

you could take her out on a just her birthday date-- we let ellie pick her favorite balloon at the dollar store and it might as well have been the moon=she LOVED it!