What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

She came!

ON her due date.

 
We proudly introduce you to our newest little bundle:
Camdilyn Jacquelle
September 27, 2013
11:02 p.m.
7 lbs 15 oz
20 1/2 inches
 
I started timing the contractions around 7 p.m. We showed up at the hospital around 10:15 p.m. I was so looking forward to another wonderful delivery like Harmonie's, but I was not so lucky. They checked me at 10:30 and said I was 6 cm. It was the longest, hardest, most painful 1/2 hour of my life. The anesthesiologist had just gotten to my door when my water ruptured and I started pushing, without anyone else. I had so much pain in my back that they had me on my knees with my arms and head resting on the raised bed. That's how I gave birth. I did not hold her right away. The placenta did not release so the OB attending was called in. She needed to sedate me so my body would relax and she could manually remove the placenta. That meant a trip to the OR so I left my baby with her Dad. All went well and I felt much better when I woke up. Camdilyn is a sweet, mellow baby and we are doing well.
 
Kevin brought the other kids to see us after breakfast. They thought it was so great to see little Camdilyn, and the older kids were excited that she came on her due date.
 







What wonderful blessings I have in my life!


4 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Congratulations!! I really like her name, and I'm glad you found one to work:) And wow look how grow up Harmonie looks now! Miss you guys!

Jessie said...

Congrats on baby camdilyn!! 8 babies looks good on you! Sorry you had a rough labor. But it's over now and you can enjoy your sweet new baby girl! I guessed she would come on her due date.

The Fredericks said...

yay!! so glad she- and YOU made it here safely ;)

Jeni said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you and your family!!! I can't believe you have 8 kids now!!! What a beautiful family!