What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

First School Field Trip

It was very foggy this morning, as we headed out on our adventure. Emily kept commenting about how she couldn't see very far in front of her. Neither could I. It was nice to have Tamara with me to help me find out way - especially when we came to some detours, missed a road or two, and had to use her smart phone to figure out where we were and where to go. We made it to Uncle John's Cider Mill just fine, and the kids were very excited. I should have taken a group picture but I didn't. We got checked in, paid our money, and then split up. Tamara took the older three, and I took the younger two (with our youngest two in tow). The little kids played games with some of the teachers, while the older kids went through the corn maze. It is something they have always wanted to do, so I'm glad they were able to do it. Fortunately, Tamara took a picture of the map of the maze before they entered so they could use that when they got really lost. Because I was with the younger ones, that is who I have pictures of!
 

Xiomara got to be Simon in Simon Says

Domonique stayed in the stroller trying to stay warm.

Everyone enjoyed jumping on the inflated pillow thing!

Domonique became very adventurous and did her own thing.



This is the picture Tamara took of the older guys at the corn maze!

The sun came out around noon. Some of us came home with slight sunburns on our faces. Everyone came home with stories of meeting teachers, making new friends, and having a good time. They all got to ride the train and the big wagon pulled by a tractor. They all enjoyed the doughnut and cider. No one got stung by the bees that were also interested in the cider.

On the way home we played the Alphabet game - you know, where you look for the letters of the alphabet on the signs along the way - not once, but twice. We did it forward and backward.

I was so worried Wednesday that I would go into labor while we were down there and wasn't exactly sure how that would all go. Fortunately, nothing happened. I'm still pregnant with a very active little one, and she'll be born some time in the next week. Now if I could just get over the little bit of anxiety that I have about going into labor, then I think I'd feel even better.

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

such cute kiddos! sad there is no belly pic of you though