What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The End

Wednesday (6/26) my oldest sister and her family packed up their car and headed home. I helped Grammy pack up all our stuff at the Yellow House and we took it back to her house. I tried not to unpack any of my stuff because I knew we'd be leaving the next day. The kids were great helpers (they didn't have anything else to do). I spent the day doing laundry and packing the car and setting up the movie stuff, so we'd be ready to leave the next day.

Thursday we made the drive home. I left later than I had wanted but it all worked out just fine. We made it home safely, and Kevin was ready with ice cream. The kids sat down for "dinner" and when they saw the bowls of ice cream they were NOT excited. Ben said, "Can I have pizza instead?" After a day of eating snacks, crackers, etc, they were ready for real food. We thought it was funny and will have to remind them often about how they really don't want ice cream for dinner every night.

We had such a nice visit with my parents and family. I'm so glad that we are able to get together and I hope it continues so that we can strengthen our family relationships. I'm sad that one family missed out but hopefully they'll be able to come to the next one. Love you guys!

No comments: