What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, October 3, 2011

I didn't have to do it!

Emily has had a loose tooth for a while. It's her third. She had me try to pull it out about a week ago, but it wouldn't come so we left it. Today all the kids went in for their check-up/cleaning at the dentist and he found the loose tooth. I told him we wouldn't mind at all if he pulled it, so he asked Emily if she wanted him to pull it. She said yes and opened her mouth up. He put some stuff on it to numb it a bit, then tugged and it came out. She came home from the dentist looking like this...

It was so much easier for all of us. She made sure I knew where the tooth was because she didn't put it directly under her pillow. I told her I'd tell the tooth fairy when she came looking for it. The kids all smiled and knew I was pulling their legs but played along anyway.

They were all great at the dentist, by the way. Ben mentioned that he didn't like the fluoride rinse so she gave him the stuff in the molds. He thought that was much better. The older kids need to be better at brushing and the younger ones are doing great. No cavities! It was a nice trip and the dentist commented on how great the kids were! I do have a bunch of wonderful children, if I do say so myself!

No comments: