What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Clever kids

The conversation over breakfast went something like this...
B - I could lick the toast and then put it back and then a stranger would pick it up and take a bite. That would be gross.
M - And his face would turn green and ...
E - And what if it was a robber? You could lick all the toast. Then they would come in and say, "This is a nice family to leave food out." Then they would take a bite of the wet toast and run away.
B - They would tell all their robber friends to stay away from our house.
E - Then we could tell our neighbors and they would leave out soggy toast.
M - Then we could make Michigan safe.
E - And then would could tell all of America.

Note how my kids figured out how to save our nation from robbers while they were eating their breakfast this morning. If only we could solve our thievery problems with soggy toast.

(I'm not sure now who really said exactly what but this gives you an idea of the moment.)

1 comment:

Josh said...

Ah ha ha ha! This reminds me of so many conversations at the table with my kiddos! I'd vote for your kids! They have great ideas! :)