What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Flu shots

So we went to the clinic this morning to check on Kemiah's elbow that was hurting. It got fixed and the doctor mentioned that she needed a flu shot, if we wanted one. Oh yeah, we all do. So I asked if they'd be able and willing to do us all - 6 kids and one adult. Yes, we were all in the exam room. Fortunately, they were willing to do it for us so that I didn't have to come back in another time. The kids didn't want the shot but 5 of the 6 did great. Marissa hid and was much more vocal than the others. I'll focus on how great the others were - they were FANTASTIC! Kemiah and Xiomara didn't cry at all. Emily started but stopped herself. Domonique cried but recovered quickly. Ben said a strong OW! It was really a great visit! I had talked to Kemiah as we got her shoes on to leave the house because the last time we went to the doctor's office she was terrible. This time she was great and I actually walked out thinking, "we had a great time!"

Now everyone mentions their sore arms (mainly the older three). Ben said, "I'm glad I wasn't Lamoni's father because I bet his arm really hurt." I thought it was great that he could think of it that way.

(Lamoni is a king from the Book of Mormon. His father, king over all the Lamanites at the time, found out his son was friendly to a Nephite, their hated enemies, and was going to kill him. But the Nephite friend cut the king's arm with his sword. So Ben decided that probably hurt more than his flu shot does. Click here if you want to read more about the story of Lamoni and Ammon - from the beginning.)

3 comments:

Jessie said...

ben is such a smarty pants. so impressed that he would even think of that.

The Fredericks said...

they are sooo brave-- I don't believe in flu shots-- BUT I'm very happy that it worked out pretty amazingly for you ;)

Josh said...

My Ben just refers to himself as King Benjamin whenever he refers to the scriptures. Oh well ... time will change that! :)