What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

What happened to Spring?

All the snow was melted. It was gone and the temperatures were warming up. I'm sure it was like that for several places all over the world. Or maybe it was just here... We were so excited. Kevin and the kids worked in the garden to clean out the leftover stuff and Kevin took down the bails of straw around the chicken coop with the grand thoughts of Spring! Then WHAM! The temperature drops, the snow falls and then it freezes. Wow, it got really cold. Bummer. No more working outside. The poor chickens got stranded out in the yard. I found some sitting around the bails of straw with snow and ice on them. Poor things. I put them back in the coop so they could warm up. I will say that I have been happy with the amount of sunshine we have had the last couple days. Although it has still been cold - the wind is a killer - the warmth of the sun shinning through our windows is really nice. Spring will come, I know it will. It does every year and so it will come... I just wish it was already here. I did enjoy hearing the sound of the clinking branches when I took these pictures. I do enjoy listening to the snow crunch under my feet. I do like the cool, crisp scent in the air. I do like the clear night skies so I can see lots of stars (when I happen to be outside at night). There are good things so let's just enjoy them!


This last picture is the view out the kid's bedroom window - completely frozen over.

No comments: