What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's been 2 1/2 years

Since my kids have seen the dentist. And that's just an approximation because I'm pretty sure we took them before we left Alaska, but I'm not exactly sure when. Well, I finally took them today and it went super great! I preped Kemiah telling her how easy it would be and that she would just need to open her mouth when they asked her to. I wasn't worried about the other kids but she doesn't like going to the doctor and she's never been to the dentist so I wondered what it would be like. Fortunately, she was last so she watched the other guys all climb into the chair, get the bib, lay down, and all the other fun stuff. I pointed out that it didn't hurt and it was actually fun. When it was her turn I think she got a little nervous, but then she climbed up into the chair and that was it. She was so brave and did so great! It was really a great visit and went really smoothly. All 5 kids were seen and only 1 cavity in the whole bunch. We do need to work on our brushing - I guess I need to be more of a participant in that activity so the next visit will go better!
I am really mad at myself because I actually took my camera out of my bag when we left to go to the dentist so I don't have any cute pictures of my little kids in those big chairs. Arg! I do have this really cute picture of Domonique playing with her toothbrush when we got home so this will have to do.

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

yay! I'm not very excited for the dentist day- but I'm glad yours went well!