What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm 36!

I'm sure I don't look a day over 28 but really, I've been around for 36 years! Don't talk to my husband about it because he has a warped sense of time and age. Anyway, I enjoyed my special days. Yes, I followed the tradition from last year - My Fake Birthday (27th), Almost My Birthday (28th), and My Real Birthday (29th). The only thing that I do to really celebrate is pick my three favorite dinners and desserts to enjoy those three days. Sunday we had Mexically Soup and mini-cheesecakes with cherries on top. Monday we had crepes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, and chocolate lava cupcakes with ice cream. Tuesday we had Cafe Rio Pork and Tres Leche Cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Yummy! It was fun! As I sat down at the table to do the cake stuff Kevin asked if we were going to do candles. Sure. So we lit some candles and sang the song. Then I was ready to eat cake but Kevin asked about presents. Emily got down and brought me a couple things that she made for me. Then Kevin brought in a box. It felt really light so I was very curious. I opened it and all it had were the packing peanut things. Then he brought in a dozen red roses! Beautiful! Then he brought another box that felt heavy. I opened it and was delighted to see a Blu-ray/HD DVD player/burner! Hooray! Story behind this is: we have an HD video camera so all our memories can only be watched on a Blu-ray player. I'm so excited to watch old videos of just before we left Alaska and then all the memories on the island! It will be so great!

On My Real Birthday I made special pancakes - with stars and swirls. We followed tradition and ate them with ice cream and syrup. Yummy!


4 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Happy Birthday, Jacquelle! Sounds like you had a great 3 days! :) And, in my opinion, you don't look a day over 28! :)

The Fredericks said...

Happy happy birthdy! pancakes and roses= the best.

Taryn said...

Happy Birthday friend! Sounds like a great birthday. You dont look a day over 25, really!

Jessie said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!!! sounds like a fun day.i especially love the pancake and ice cream mixture. YUM!