What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthday Boy Celebration

It was a very anticipated moment - he talked about it all week. He helped make the pancakes - smiley faces and all. We all enjoyed too many pancakes with ice cream. He was done first so he opened his card from Grammy and Gaffa.


Kevin and I played Settlers of Catan with him and I think he enjoyed the time alone with us. Then Marissa joined us for the second game. I'm so glad they enjoy the game. Then I made mac and cheese for lunch. I seriously can't remember what we did in the afternoon. We had BLTs for dinner. Ben asked me to pull a tooth before dinner but it didn't come out. I guess I made it worse because he wanted to try again halfway through his sandwich. We tried again and it came out so Ben could finish eating his sandwich.


Grandma and Grandpa Nichols showed up after 6 pm with the dragon cake that he had requested. It was really great!


We lit the candles and sang to the birthday boy and watched as he blew them all out. Then he blew the smoke at his sisters across the table. We moved on to the presents and Ben was very excited about them all.




Marissa decided to give him the duck she had made out of her air dry clay and painted with her water color paints.


Generic lego military set. So cool!


Model helicopter that screws together - no glue! Rock on!


More Hardy Boys books.


Volume One of the Work and the Glory series. We are excited to read it together as a family.


Yummy cake (that I didn't have to make)!


We had a nice time celebrating with Ben. I am so grateful for his hard work and determination. He is always thinking and creating in his mind and wants to share it with me no matter what I'm doing. He loves to play with his sisters and really enjoys being outside! I just can't believe he's 9!

No comments: