What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Eagle Scout Court of Honor

No kidding! He finished up all the requirements a couple months ago, went on the Eagle Scout trip to New York City, and had his Court of Honor with his friend, Paul Deibel. It was a little scary trying to get things put together but I think it turned out well enough. I did forget one little thing - the Eagle Scout neckerchief! Yikes! What was I supposed to do? Fortunately, Ben Boss showed up in uniform and I sheepishly asked if I could use his for my Ben. He said yes, no problem, of course (because he's that kind of guy). So, in the end we had a great time celebrating these two boys who worked so hard to accomplish this great honor! Good job, boys!

Seth Boss was the Master of Ceremonies

Dan Westercamp was asked to give a talk.

Kevin gave Ben's biography.

Grandpa Deibel gave Paul's biography.

Words from the Scout Master, Jared Boss

Scout Oath

Mother's pinning

Dad's pinning

Ben's remarks

The new neckerchief

Paul pinning on his mother

Paul pinning on his father

Ben's concluding remarks

Paul's concluding remarks

Ben gave his mentor pin to Dan Westercamp

Paul's gave his mentor pin to Kevin

Ben's borrowed neckerchief

Paul's neckerchief

Town Supervisor

Signing the Eagle!


What great freinds - or frenemies, as Ben says


This is the not so great cake that I made - Marissa put on the lettering.
We also brought no bake cookies - because Ben asked for them.
I'm not sure what else we took (since I'm writing this in May 2019)
It was a nice party for the boys!

Mrs. Cindy, from the library came, and so did Tracy, our neighbor! What a treat!

No comments: