What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

More time up in Boston

Kevin wanted to do some of the Freedom Trail again but we decided to stick to one end instead of walking the entire 2 1/2 miles worth of trail. We drove back up to Boston with Memere and Uncle Chris to see the USS Constitution and visit Bunker Hill. It was really beautiful weather and we had a great time learning and being together.

Inside the visitor's center before you go to the ship.



Group shot headed out to the ship.


This Navy Seaman was giving us a great history story of the ship.
It was really hot out in the sun so I found a shady spot to stay.


Below deck we got to see the canons,
and got another story from another seaman.



On the Freedom Trail headed to Bunker Hill
There is a red brick line to show the way.
Some of us had forgotten about it until we saw it.
What a great memory!
Follow the red brick line!

We walked our way from the ship to the hill and stopped at a park to eat lunch. Once we made it to Bunker Hill I opted to not climb the 294 steps up to the top of the monument. Naomi stayed with me while everyone else went to the top. They were done a whole lot quicker than I thought they would be so they surprised me when they showed up in the bathrooms at the Bunker Hill Museum. We checked out all the stuff on the upper levels, which we didn't see the last time we were here. 

First floor of the museum at Bunker Hill.

Headed up to the monument.
We took the stairs. 
Kevin took Naomi and the stroller up the ramp.
I'm sure he's so sad he missed the photo op!

Kevin took my camera up to the top, since I didn't go.






Nice views!




This was my view from outside!


Me and my little buddy!

After Bunker Hill, we headed back to our cars - but decided to stop off at the Museum for the USS Constitution. Don't know why we didn't go there when we were at the ship the first time but it was great and worth the extra stop.

The dry dock to build and repair ships.


Inside the museum there were lots of things to do
and hands on things to help us stay interested.








They even thought sleeping in the hammocks would be great!


We went home to have leftover dinner but as everyone unloaded I realized most of our leftovers had stayed in the car all night and all day. Spoiled! Bummer! We quickly cooked up frozen tortellini and heated up sauce and cooked garlic bread. It all worked out in the end but so bummed about losing out leftovers!


No comments: