What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

General Relief Society Broadcast and a Cake Off!

Our Relief Society decided to have a Cake Off before watching the General Relief Society Broadcast. Since I take three girls with me to the meeting, we ended up making 4 cakes. I decided the easiest way would be to make two cake mixes and bake four one layer rounds. Marissa ended up wanting to make a gluten free cake so her friend could eat some, so hers was different. The girls came up with their own ideas and we worked together to make it happen. They had a good time and I stretched myself so we all learned new things.

Xiomara with the Young Woman Torch
and all the Value colors.

Emily wanted spirals.

Marissa incorporated all the auxiliaries:
Relief Society, Primary, and Young Women.
She added the quote from a song,
and the girls/woman at the bottom holding hands.
She also came up with the idea of the dots around the bottom edge.
Very creative.

I just wanted German chocolate with chocolate cream cheese frosting.
I didn't care what it looked like so I just added stuff.

Beautiful girls!




There was judging at the church, with five categories. Marissa had said, as she decorated, that she hoped she won. I told her that she did an amazing job and it didn't really matter if she won or not. To our delight, she won for the Best LDS Themed cake. She was so happy! Everyone enjoyed eating all the different cakes that were brought - I should have taken pictures of the other cakes. Then we enjoyed a wonderful, spiritually uplifting meeting. What a nice evening to share with my girls!

No comments: