What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Creek-N-Wood Campground and Palmyra, New York

We found a small little place to camp and it turned out we had the end spots to ourselves. The owners are very laid back and the man came and talked with us for a while, talking about where he is from and so forth. It was fun to chat and we enjoyed to creek as well.









They had the smallest fire rings I have ever seen.
But we made a fire and enjoyed Smores anyway!


Kevin unhitched the trailer after dinner and headed to a nearby town to get some cash so we could pay for our stay. After we put the kids to bed, and as he set up our tent, he mentioned that I should probably take some pictures of the campsite before I forget. Good idea, I thought, so I grabbed it and tried to take some pictures.


A few minutes later he asked me to grab his computer. Weird, but okay. I got back into the car, the same place where I had grabbed my camera and that's when I saw the Dunkin Donuts bag! He bought me a chocolate donut and a boston creme for himself. We enjoyed our little treat and then went to bed!

The next morning I remembered to take some more pictures before they got everything packed up.

We enjoyed sausages, eggs and Spanish rice. Marissa and I put the rice and eggs in tortillas with salsa, cheese, and sour cream. It was yummy! Camdilyn enjoyed half of mine so I made another one.


Off to Palmyra!

We stopped at the Smith home first. Starting at the log home, then the frame home, then the Sacred Grove. We have been here a few times as well, but we really do enjoy this spot. It is wonderful to hear about Joseph's search for truth and the glorious answer he received from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. To walk in the grove is so wonderful. I took time to talk with some of the younger kids about the significance of what happened in the grove. One of the sister missionaries challenged us all to offer a prayer in the grove so I helped the younger ones with that as well. It was very nice.





The barn... I learned that it is the original barn built by 
Brigham Young's father, that they moved to the Smith home.








Next we stopped by the Palmyra Temple. Over the top of the closer trees you can see the trees of the Sacred Grove. It is neat.


Xiomara talked to Camdilyn about the Angel Moroni on the top of the temple.
She was very excited.

Nest we stopped at the Visitor Center at the Hill Cumorah. We started off in the room with Christus Statue. The missionary talked to us about the restoration of the gospel and that it all points to Christ. What a great reminder for me - it's all about Christ. Then we went to the interactive room where there were different stations, so the kids enjoyed watching all sorts of videos.





Camdilyn kept saying "he-woe" and "bye" into the listening devise.

We drove to the top of the Hill Cumorah, anticipating eating lunch but, as we unloaded, we noticed the wind pick up and the sky getting darker. We loaded back into the car and started the rest of our drive. As we left we realized we could of had those who wanted to hike the hill meet us at the top but I wasn't up for it and we thought of it too late. Next time...

We drove through our first rain storm on this trip and luckily our new tires worked great! We were through the storm in less than 10 minutes but it was a crazy hard rain, slightly scary to me. The rest of the drive went fine and we made it to Westport safely!

No comments: