What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Last Pinewood Derby!

He finished his car yesterday! We glued some washers to the bottom and figured that was good enough. Then Kevin took him to a hobby shop before the derby to see if they could weigh it and maybe buy some other weights, if needed. I met them at the Church with all the girls. They were ready and felt really good because of some trial runs the boys had been doing before the official start. The Wolves and Bears went first, then it was time for the Webelos. Ben was one of four and he took first place! Then they had a championship with the winningest cars. Ben was one of four cars again. This time, for some strange reason, his car didn't do as well and he ended up 4th. He was so crushed. I felt so bad for him. Fortunately, they had cookies after the closing prayer and the boys did some more races just for fun. Ben talked about the Anything Goes Derby that our ward does and he has big plans! I think he did great!

Here are the girls all huddled around one of their favorite people.

Waiting for the races to begin.

Get ready! Get Set! Go!
Ben's car is the second one from the left.

 Ben's car is the one out in front, farthest to the left.

These are the only pictures I got because my battery died and I didn't have the extra one. Oops! Kevin took lots of video though. It was a fun evening and I'm so glad Ben was able to overcome his disappointment.

No comments: