What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

When you're ready, you're ready.

I have been working with Kemiah on learning to read numbers. She has no problem counting, at least up to 25, but if you had pointed to a written number she wouldn't have be able to tell you what it was. I wondered how long it would take for her to figure it out and I felt bad because I wasn't working with her on a regular basis, so I felt like I was part of the problem. Imagine my surprise when tonight, during our nightly routine, she just up and read the three digit number on her song chip. No prompting from anyone, no help with the numbers. She just read it all by herself: two hundred eighty-one. I might remember that number forever. Then, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I showed her a couple other page numbers and she read them all correctly! Way to go little one! It was awesome!

2 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

That is great! Keep up the good work, Kemiah!

Josh said...

Kids will learn even when we don't realize we are "teaching" them. I'm sure she has heard you saying different numbers. Kudos Kemiah!