What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Children's Museum

Back in the earlier part of August, a friend of mine gave me a free family pass to the Children's Museum in Saginaw. I have wanted to take the kids but never wanted to pay the money - seeing as how we are a little tight with that right now. So when she gave us the pass I was excited to go. Then Emily said, "Can we go there for my birthday?" So we waited. It was better for us if we went the day before Emily's birthday so we celebrated her last day of being 6 years old on August 24th. It wasn't what I expected but it was nice. They had lots of different things for the kids to play with so they were busy for several hours. We ate a light lunch and then they went back to playing. They probably could have stayed there all day just doing stuff but I was ready to go home so we left. I'm so glad it didn't cost us any money but they sure had a fun time.

Ben is turning the crank and causing the balls to go up and then they fall over the edge. It was a hit with most of the kids there.


Even Domonique liked playing with the balls and wasn't alarmed when they came down on top of her.


Huge water playing area. Fortunately they have high powered driers and the kids dried out quickly enough.




They had this area of medical stuff - dentist, doctor, eyes, x-rays, baby dolls, etc. They even had four model hearts to show a baby, healthy adult, unhealthy adult, and dog heart. You could push a button at each heart to hear what they would sound like.


Ben and I worked together to build the arch and it was neat to see it stand on it's own once the keystone was put in place.


They had a ton of glasses frames that the kids could try on. Emily decided they looked so nice she walked around with them for a little while.


Of course, a craft area as well. They all enjoyed the playdough.


Miniature kitchen so everything was just right for kids. It was a favorite spot for my kids.


Domonique is figuring out how to get the spoon to her mouth and really likes to play with a spoon and cup to practice.


This is a giant ball of string that a kid started a long time ago and donated it to the museum when he was an old man so other people could see it.


I though this was a neat display. It is made from license plates from the appropriate states.


The car didn't really do anything so I wasn't impressed. The kids played with them for a bit but not that much.


Yes, this is a take cow that you can pretend to milk.

So that's most of our Children's Museum. There were a few other areas and things that I didn't get pictures of but this is what we did most of the time we were there. I'm glad we could go and enjoy it for the day!

2 comments:

Job and Rachael said...

That looks like so much fun! Hands-on musuems are the BEST! :)

Josh said...

With all those pictures I feel like I've been there. Cool day for you and the kiddos! :)