What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Of course...

This happened back on the 23rd of June. We were outside doing something and some one said, "Hey, there's a frog." It was quickly captured and then someone else said, "There's another one!" Yes, it was a frenzy. They were all over in the grass so the kids started to watch where they stepped because they didn't want to step on one. Then I thought back to the month of May, before we went on vacation. We enjoyed the sound of frogs. It was their mating call and now we were seeing the results of all their "singing." I must admit they are actually toads but frog sounds better. These little guys were all over so there was no shortage. I got each of the kids a little glass jar so they could keep their captives. After a while I made them release them because I figured they had had enough trauma - the kids were putting them in our neighbor's puddle, watch them swim to the edge, and catch them again. It was certainly an experience, for all those involved.




Ben had eight little guys in his jar.





3 comments:

Jeni said...

So much fun!!! We had a ton at our house in CO. They were living in the window wells and would bury themselves in the mud there! The kids loved it!
Thanks for finally updating! I've been checking for you! Hey, shoot me an e-mail about how you do your homeschooling will you? I'm starting with the boys this year and am trying to get ideas on how to schedule things and stuff like that!!! Thanks!

Josh said...

I had a bad experience with these kinds of toads when I was younger but t is very cool to see kids enjoying wildlife and nature.

Nicole S said...

That's our kind of fun! ;)