What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I never realized...

that mice like chocolate. I figured they were strictly a grain and seed sort of animal. Or even dairy, with a liking for cheese. I guess we have special mice. I finally set out a trap in the kitchen to see if we could get rid of them. What pushed me over the edge was finding this one day....

Shredded silver wrapper and a half eaten Hershey Kiss on top of the microwave. The mice had to go!



The trap has caught three so far. After catching the mice I found more wrapper in a closet (didn't even know there was chocolate in there). Then today, as I was cleaning out a desk, I found this....


It is the shredded remains of an advent calendar that we were saving for Christmas. The kids said we were lucky when I found 7 pieces of chocolate that the mouse couldn't get because other stuff was on top of the lower part of the calendar. This is why you shouldn't eat anywhere else in the house and never stash food or candy anywhere but the kitchen. Mice will go for the good stuff and not just the grains.

3 comments:

The Fredericks said...

eeeewwwwww! I'm sorry-- i love that they found your stashes though

Alex Acres said...

My dad grew up on a farm and he said they used to set out coca cola for the mice to drink to get rid of them. I guess mice can't "pass gas" and so they die from this...

Just thought I'd share... you may want to give it a try.. :)

Josh said...

I hate mice! We've had them at every house (except our new one). Good luck!