What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Silly ducks!

Or is it silly humans? I was out tossing left over pancakes to the chickens (my kids won't eat them anymore), when I saw the ducks getting a drink from the water thing. I started to get mad at them because they spill the water everywhere and then it freezes. Not only that but it spills down to the sidewalk outside the gate and so now it is all very slippery and a little dangerous when I enter the yard to gather eggs and feed and so forth. So as I stood there watching them and getting a little irritated I realized something... They are only dealing with the horrible lot they have been given. We are not equipped to feed/water ducks. They don't have a pond so they get water the only way they can. It's not their fault it spills every where, and they certainly can't do anything about it. We were not prepared to have ducks. Neither was our neighbor... and that is why we have the ducks. Silly humans.

No comments: