What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I don't love that vs. I hate that

We have some words that we don't say in our house. Hate is one of them. We are not allowed to say it to anyone, about anyone or anything, or just because. Kemiah used to say it a lot at the dinner table - she has become a little picky. Fortunately, she understands now that we shouldn't say it, and she'll even correct her siblings, "You shouldn't say hate." Now she will say, "I don't love that." I think it's a fantastic change and I smile every time she says it. I asked her tonight what was something she didn't like (I wanted to get it on video for all posterity). I thought she would say a food that she doesn't like. She said, "I don't love something with teeth that can eat me." I'd have to agree with that.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

funny. i DO love that. :)

Lesley said...

love that! what a good message.