What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Never do this...

I have a habit of putting my Cream of Wheat into a different container - I had to filter the bugs out when we were on the island - so I guess that's why I felt compelled to put it into jars. Well, I chose a newly emptied and washed salsa jar. Not a good idea because, as I'm sure you've guessed, it tasted slightly like salsa. I thought there would be trouble when I opened it and could smell salsa. I was right. I tasted it after it was cooked and it was really gross. We add lots of different things to our Cream of Wheat - cinnamon, syrup, cocoa, brown sugar, strawberry milk, etc. I will never want to add salsa and the rest of the stuff in the jar is getting tossed out. We all managed to eat it so I guess it wasn't that bad. Then again, after eating bugs in our oatmeal, could salsa flavored Cream of Wheat really be that bad?

2 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Some things are just wrong...purple ketchup, bacon-flavored ice cream (they actually sell that!) and salsa-flavored Cream of Wheat! I would have thrown it out, too :)

The Fredericks said...

that is hilarious- so many funny things that you just do by habit from the island! ha :)