What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I wish we lived in a tent.

That's what Xiomara said as Kevin was making the bedding arrangements in the tent for their camp out. Kevin and his mom slept in the tent in the backyard with the kids last night. The kids were all very excited - maybe because they were up past their normal bedtime so that it would be dark when they went to bed. Once we tucked them in and started singing our normal bedtime songs I realized Kemiah was crying. I think she just got nervous about sleeping outside. Fortunately, she was really tired (combination of no nap and late bedtime) so she went to sleep quickly. The rest of the kids really enjoyed the camp out and if the weather cools off they may do it again this next week. So, here they are, ready to get into the tent (which is the same tent I grew up using with my family when I was a kid).



Domonique joined for a few pictures but she slept inside with me.

No comments: