What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, July 23, 2010

A different kind of humid.

I thought living on an island in the Caribbean was about as humid as we could get. Today, in Michigan, it is really humid. The difference is that it's cloudy so the temperature is cooler than it would be on the island. That means that we can actually feel the humidity in a different way - it actually feels wet. I got up with the baby around 4 this morning and went downstairs. I sat down on the couch and it felt damp. I grabbed the burp cloth and it felt damp. Everything was damp because it's humid and cool so it isn't getting burnt off with the heat of the sun. The paper items in our house feel damp. I guess it did get like this on the island, when it would rain (pouring rain) but then the sun would come out and it would evaporate. I am thankful for the cooler temperature but I hope the wetness in the air goes away soon.

No comments: