What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Choral Palooza - singing camp for Emily

A friend of ours at church introduced us to an opportunity that I knew Emily would love. She is musically inclined so I knew she would love the opportunity to learn more and strengthen her talent. It was a week long program, from 9-1 each day, with a performance on Friday after the camp. She was nervous the first day but climbed the stairs without me. When I picked her up after that first day she was all smiles. Each day was just as much fun and she really enjoyed it. On Friday, I packed up all the kids and we headed over for the performance.

She learned how to play the guitar.



Emily and Lily were chosen to sing the solo part for one of the songs together.
Usually they pick one person, but this year the teacher thought they sounded so good together.
She asked the conductor if it was okay to pick two, and he said okay.
He agreed that they sounded great together.
Then they realized that Emily and Lily are friends so it made everyone happy to have them sing together.
What a great opportunity!


 Great group of kids and leaders!

It was fun and I was glad she had the chance to do it.

For the first three days, Ben and Marissa were at Youth Conference. I felt bad the first day because I didn't wake up to say good-bye to them. They had to leave the house really early to meet at the church by 5 so they could ride up to their destination. They had lots of fun canoeing and camping with the youth from our stake. They had EFY type classes as well and had a really good time. They returned home Wednesday evening very tired.

No comments: