What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Mock Apple Pie

It truly is a wonder. Who came up with this idea: put Ritz crackers in sugar water and then put them in a pie crust and bake it, and it will taste like apple pie?!?!? My grandfather worked at a bakery for years and came to dinner after my parents were married. My mom made a mock apple pie and my dad was excited to see what his father would say. They watched him take a few bites and then my dad told him it wasn't really apple pie. My grandfather had a really hard time believing until he looked really closely and saw the ridges of the crackers. Wish I could have been there! Anyway, since my mother was here, I wanted her to help me make a pie and it turned out great!



No comments: