What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Petting and Feeding the Pigs

Kevin took some leftover cheese out to the pigs to see if they would eat it, and you know what?... They ate it out of his hands. He ran in and told me to get some cheese and come see. It was so funny! They finally came over and were very interested in me. Still a little skittish when I tried to pet them but they were happy to eat my treats.

I then got some of their pellet feed to see if they would eat that out of my hands.... they didn't but the chickens were more than happy to eat it. Sweet birds.

All the girls wanted to have some time feeding and getting to know the pigs. It was fun for everyone.
I'm sure the pigs ended up with belly aches from eating so much - they like to eat the weeds that are growing in our garden.... Maybe now we will weed the garden more regularly so the kids can feed the pigs. Wish we had known that a while ago!




Wilbur comes right up to us and you almost feel like he's going to eat your legs.


Even though Ben is not pictured, he enjoys the pigs as well! It's going to be amazing to watch them get huge! Eventually we may all have to stay out of the yard because they'll knock us down but we shall see.

No comments: