What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Lake Deibel all to ourselves.

Kevin had the weekend off so we decided to go camping. Lots of our friends went to Lake Michigan but we didn't act quickly enough so we decided Lake Deibel would do just fine. The kids and I went out after lunch and Kevin met us out there when he was done with work. We had lots of fun! The kids enjoyed swimming, kayaking, rides on the paddle boat, building in the sand, and even caught a few baby fish with the nets. I would say it was very successful!
 




Harmonie was the first one to get cold. Poor little thing.

Camdilyn spent most of the time in the stroller. Poor little thing.

At least they had each other.



Domonique decided not to get into deep water.






Kemiah

Xiomara


She was convinced she had a fish in the bucket.

I wanted them to stand next to each other but Harmonie wasn't getting the idea.

Entertaining herself... and me.








What's that?

Taste it and see.


We had hot dogs and chips and grapes and pickles for dinner. Of course I didn't get any pictures of roasting marshmallows and eating Smores - they would have been great pictures! I was trying to nurse the baby and get her to bed so the older kids were roasting marshmallows for me. They were so sweet (the kids and the Smores)!

The kids woke up not too early and wanted to go swimming. We let Kevin sleep in and they had so much fun playing again. We had blueberry pancakes and sausages for breakfast. Yummy goodness! Our day was cut short because of some rain but we worked together to get everything packed up. So much fun! Thank you to our friends for sharing their little lake with us!

No comments: