What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Officially announcing...

the arrival of our newest little girl!

Harmonie Christine Roy





She was born on February 18, 2012
at 8:26 p.m.
weighing 8 pounds 6.4 ounces
measuring 19 1/4 inches long


I did not go into labor on my own so we went to the hospital on Saturday morning.

It snowed Friday night so the kids were out shoveling the snow when we left.

It was strange to be going to the hospital without the pain of contractions to keep me company.

I received pitocin at 10:45 and we all thought it would move right along.

Unfortunately, it took all day before I started to have painful contractions.

I got the epidural at 5:15 p.m. and they broke my water at 5:45.

Really thought things would move along after that.

Started to feel pain again so they added more meds to the epidural at 7:45.

It took and I felt much better.

Started to feel the pressure that everyone talks about but I have never felt before.

Nurse said I should take a nap so I'd have energy when it was time to push.

Called my parents at 8:09 to tell them it would be a couple more hours.

Really felt the pressure so I gently pushed through two contractions.

Then I told Kevin it was time to have a baby because I felt her descend.
When he pulled back the blanket he saw her head half way out.

Nurses got there and told me to hold on - I didn't do anything from that moment on.

With every contraction the baby moved a little farther out.

Kevin and the nurse delivered the baby.

Harmonie was on my chest when the doctor ran in.

Now that was an easy delivery! No tearing!

She is beautiful and perfect and loved by everyone!


2 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful!!! And that is pretty funny about the doctor missin it, although before you know Kevin will be one :)

Jeni said...

So happy to finally see pictures of your new little one!!! I love that it was a nice easy delivery!!! She's adorable! ;)