What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

New sleeping arrangements.

In preparation for the new baby's arrival, we had some of the kids swap beds. Domonique is now with the bigger girls in the quad-bunk bed. She's on the lowest bunk and her first nap in her new sleeping spot was Sunday (1/22). She did amazingly well, both for the nap and at bed time, so I have been hopeful that it would continue to be an easy transition.

The next day I put her to bed in her new sleeping place for her nap. I went to check on her and found her here.

We took the side rail off the crib because Xiomara is going to use that bed while Kevin's mom is visiting (we'll be moving the top twin bunk down to the guest room so Xiomara will be displaced). Anyway, I guess Domoique wanted to sleep in her old bed.

This morning, when I got up, I checked on the youngest kids who were supposed to be in bed. I found that Domonique's bed was empty. I looked on the floor to see if she had slid out but she wasn't there. She wasn't in her old bed or anyone else's bed. I asked all the older kids if they had seen her. They hadn't. I ended up looking behind the couch and that's where I found her.


She had been asleep when Kevin and I went to bed that night, so I don't have any idea when she got up and wandered around the house and then finally put herself to sleep behind the couch. Silly girl.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

how funny! :) hope she likes her new bed eventually.

Josh and Kelly said...

Ha! I love this. At least she was sleeping and not off making mischief :)